Discover and connect with clubs, organisations and players.
Ultimate Judo are Aberdeen's multi-award winning Judo club. Our classes teach the traditional martial art of Judo in a fun, safe and progressive manner.
Judo was invented to be a form of physical, mental and moral education by Professor Jigoro Kano in 1882 and has grown in popularity becoming the second most participated sport in the world and plays an important role in Physical Education within schools in Japan, Germany and France to name a few.
Through Judo we learn not only the self defence and self protection techniques, but by training in Randori (sparring) it teaches a fighting spirit of never giving up.
Only by stepping out of our comfort zones , can we really develop as a person and see our inner strengths. Through Judo we make friends across the world with the common interest of Judo.
Judo is more than a sport.
Why judo, for kids?
- Judo is the safest contact sport for children under 13 years of age. (Source: American college of sports medicine).
- Judo is the best training sport for children from 5 to 12 years of age. (Source: World Health organization).
- Judo is the second most complete sport that exists. (Source: International Olympic Committee, 2000).
- Judo is the best initial sport to train children and young people from 4 to 21 years of age. (Source: UNESCO 2017).
- Judo is, after rowing, physical exercise with the highest calorie consumption: 363 calories for 1/2 hour. (Source: World Health organization).
In addition to the psychological benefits we have seen in the dojos an: increase in self-confidence, resorption of behavior disorder at home and school, development of motor and cognitive skills, lessening of too much energy.
Not to mention the concepts of self-defence which they acquire and which they can use when needed throughout their lives.
Get in touch with Ultimate Judo today to book in for a free class.
62 Duthie terrace
Contact: gordon mccathie
Main Playing Venue Inchgarth community centre, Aboyne Place, Garthdee
venues across town
Main Training Venue Inchgarth community centre, Aboyne Place, Garthdee
venues across town